Centre for Research and Promotion of Giftedness at the Faculty of Education of the University of Ljubljana (CRSN) organizes
on the 21st and 22nd September 2017
a 2nd International Professional-Research Meeting/Conference
Individuals and institutions that address giftedness, Talent Points within the European Talent Support Network (ETSN) as well as educators, teachers, teachers/professors mentors, and researchers who deal with the talented and would like to exchange experience in this field, gain new knowledge and make new acquaintances, are kindly invited to attend.
The objectives of the conference are as follows:
- Presentations of individual institutions – Talent Points within the European Talent Support Network (ETSN) and their practices and challenges of working with the gifted.
- Exchange of experience and expertise, research ideas with regard to the identification, promotion and work with the gifted at the national and international levels, and in various fields, e.g. natural sciences, social sciences, humanities, mathematics, art, sports, computer science, technology.
- Learning of and networking between agencies with similar professional or research interests.
- Cultivating a learning community of experts for quality teaching, based on the promotion of the learning potentials of the gifted.
The two-day conference programmme with international participants will comprise various forms of work:
– Plenary lectures delivered by: Dr. Fani Nolimal (Zavod RS za šolstvo), Dr. Željko Rački (Fakultet za odgojne i obrazovne znanosti, Sveučilište Josipa Jurja Strossmayera u Osijeku; Talent Point), Dr. Colm O’Reilly (Centre for Talented Youth Irland, City University Dublin; Talent Centre), Dr. Heidrun Stoeger (Fakultät für Psychologie, Pädagogik und Sportwissenschaft, Universität Regensburg; Talent Centre)
– Round tables held on: 21 September 2017: Voice of the Youth: The Gifted on their Education and Future, and on 22 September 2017: Research with the Gifted.
– Presentations – individual contributions and posters – Talent Points, Talent Centres, and individual thematic sections (kindergarten, primary school, secondary school, other educational / research institutions).
– Informal socializing and getting to know each other during the conference.
On Saturday, 23 September 2017, an excursion will be organized. A small contribution from the participants will be expected.
The early registration fee for the participants of the Talent Points amounts to EUR 40, and EUR 80 for all other participant. After 3 July 2017 there will be a uniform fee of EUR 100. The fee includes the basic conference expenses (snacks and beverages during breaks, lunch and materials). Students, pensioners and the unemployed shall be exempt from the fee.
The fee is to be paid to the account TRR SI56 0110 0603 0706 731 (ref.no.SI00 291254) or the invoice data may be e-mailed to email@example.com or sent to the address: CRSN, Pedagoška fakulteta UL, Kardeljeva ploščad 16, 1000 Ljubljana.
Conference applications are accepted online: https://www.1ka.si/a/119672
All the attendees are kindly invited to actively participate in the conference and to present their work and experiences. The deadline for the submission of the title of the article and a brief summary of the content presentation (100-150 words) in Slovenian and English via the web link https://www.1ka.si/a/120362 is May the 15th 2017. All active participants will be awarded a Certificate of active participation in the international conference, graded according to the Rules on Promotion to Professional Titles in Education (Official Gazette of the RS, no. 54/2002 and amendments).
Additional information is available on the e-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org or on the phone: 01 5892 353.
Follow us at: https://www.pef.uni-lj.si/crsn.html
You are invited to present your work and experience of the work with the gifted at the conference, and to become part of the professional and learning community within the European Talent Support Network (ETSN).
We expect the participation of colleagues from Slovenia and other European countries, the Talent Centres and Talent Points.
On behalf of the Faculty of Education, University of Ljubljana, and CRSN we cordially welcome you and look forward to meeting you,
Assoc prof. Dr. Mojca Juriševič
Head of CRSN
Assoc. prof. Dr. Janez Vogrinc
Dean of the Faculty of Education